Role and Responsibilities:
As Manager, Product Marketing, you will focus on growing Mercatus as a leading ecommerce platform. In this role, you will lead product positioning, messaging and go-to-market activities, as well as support new product releases. You will have responsibility for conducting market and competitive research, leading the product launch process, undertaking Sales enablement activities, gathering voice of the customer feedback, and educating the market, our clients, partners and Mercatus employees on the business value of the Mercatus platform.
Working closely with marketing, sales, product management, and service delivery teams, the ideal candidate is expected to play a cross-functional role within Mercatus to execute on key market strategies across product lines. The Manager, Product Marketing takes charge of the product story, defining the value narrative and creating content that supports pre-sales and client funnel activity, from product awareness and engagement, to adoption and retention. You partner with product management to develop specific goals for marketing plans and then collaborate with functional marketing and sales teams on the execution of those plans. You also support service delivery and account management in collaboratively sourcing, developing and communicating client value stories. You will have the market and technical expertise to develop and contribute to the company’s thought authority program, serving as an expert voice in the market to position Mercatus as the premier SaaS ecommerce platform.
- Produce market-product insights achieving a full understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Create go-to-market plans for new product introductions and drive product launch activities to increase awareness, adoption, and utilization.
- Use platform and product data to research ways to improve customer funnel metrics with a focus on engaging user communication and compelling calls to action.
- Lead product positioning and messaging with a strong focus on product differentiators and relevant customer value stories.
- Develop and deliver product-related assets and training to support the success of teams right across the customer funnel, from marketing and sales, to service delivery and customer account management.
- Work closely with corporate marketing and demand gen to create and deliver product-related content (webinars, blogs, e-books, web content, customer stories, sales collateral etc.) to support the solution buying process.
- Support field marketing activities and represent Mercatus marketing at industry events and tradeshows. Work with the rest of the marketing team and product management to build and leverage relationships with industry associations, analysts, influencers, media, and tech award bodies.
- Work with professional services and account management teams to develop and package engaging product onboarding material (including demos, presentations, guides, reports, one pagers, etc.) communicating time to value.
What you will bring to Mercatus?
- 5-7 years previous direct product marketing experience in a fast-growing B2B SaaS technology company.
- Considerable experience with product management and/or product marketing principles and practices (i.e. schooled in Pragmatic Marketing).
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing.
- Ability to think both strategically and dig into the details.
- A passion for working closely with customers and telling product stories infused by data insights.
- A natural curiosity and well-developed set of analytical skills.
- You’re a strong written, verbal and visual communicator. Your detail-oriented approach means you understand the nuances of using words to guide the development of compelling product marketing assets and are also visually appealing to drive understanding.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who works well independently as well as part of a larger team. You can manage your own priorities, projects and deadlines as well as coordinate and collaborate with others across the company to achieve desired outcomes.
- Great interpersonal skills with internal team, exhibiting focus and a strong motivation for business building.
- A dependable team player who lives and breathes the core values that Mercatus culture espouses.
For more information about this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org